The mission of Cintrifuse is to lead and accelerate the development of Greater Cincinnati as a disruptive, tech-based innovation economy. Our vision is to be the #1 startup center in the Midwest and a top innovation hub in the nation. We work with startups, corporate collaborators, and venture investors who are leveraging our region’s strength as the Great Supply Way to America and innovating in critical areas such as sustainability, supply chain, and FinTech.
Venture Connections Analyst
We are looking for an exceptionally curious, articulate, analytical leader to harness and ignite the power of our coveted fund network across investor, startup, strategic focus, and local startup ecosystem needs. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Innovation Services, this person is an enthusiastic, exceptional relationship builder adept at making introductions, forging connections, and marrying unmet needs and pain points with startup solutions and inspiration. You will lead and participate in thought leadership and innovation briefings with some of the world’s most influential executives and decision-makers, including P&G, Kroger, Western & Southern, JM Smucker, TQL, Scripps, Great American Insurance, and more.
A critical competitive advantage for Cintrifuse is our $118 million strategic “Fund of Funds.” We invest in the world’s best venture capital firms and managers to provide Greater Cincinnati companies access to technology, connections, relationships, and an unparalleled window into the future. Check out our video on the role.
- – Play a lead role in scouting startups and technology across the global landscape and within the Cintrifuse Fund portfolio by responding to business briefs and challenges and general Limited Partner (LP) innovation needs through access to innovation within the Syndicate Fund portfolio, including both startup companies and Venture Capital (VC) funds.
- – Catalog and respond to our customer innovation needs through sourcing/curation of startups, proactive introductions to our portfolio companies, and support of Corporate Innovation services.
- – Identify opportunities related to growth, innovation, startup connections, and investments for Cintrifuse stakeholders/investors.
- – Deliver proactive, high impact analysis, communication, and thought leadership to Cintrifuse stakeholders related to market trends, key “startups to watch,” key “technologies to watch,” and key trends in vertical focus areas.
- – Provide consistent and insightful communication to our customer LPs (e.g., on fund investments, fund developments, etc.) and VCs (e.g., to communicate LP needs and event support, etc.).
- – Develop and nurture “master influencer list” of experts, thought leaders, and innovators in the Cintrifuse Fund GP network to be activated as needed against a range of needs.
- – Administer the Cintrifuse relationship with Pitchbook, including management of Pitchbook analyst support and organization or scalable reports related to startups and innovation sourcing from GP network.
- – Partner with the innovation services lead in “demand sensing” of local investor needs.
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
- – Deeply passionate about startup innovation, disruptive new business models, and step-change value creation
- – Exceptional sense of “market timing” in sharing insights, news, and competitive or marketplace developments
- – An exceptionally curious, proactive collaborator who is fascinated with technology, shares freely and has the ability to be a creative storyteller
- – Organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- – Ability to competently work with limited direction using both discretion and independent discernment
- – B.S. or B.A. degree
- – 3+ years experience in innovation/tech preferred
- – Superb analysis and written communication skills
- – Superb track record for relationship building
- – Reasonably versed in emerging technologies
- – Proficiency in MS Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint)
- – Ability to conduct research end-to-end and present findings
- – Self-starter and eager for continued learning
If you have a passion for startups and innovation we’d love to hear from you! This is a full-time, Cincinnati based position with a hybrid flexible work schedule. Salary range is $72,800 – $109,200 based on experience. Competitive benefits including full Health benefits, HSA/FSA, Go365 Wellness program, 401(k) match, Parental leave, PTO in a collaborative, dog friendly, casual dress co-working space at Union Hall. You’ll also have access to all Cintrifuse and Union Hall events.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Zand Walters at email@example.com.
“This role is at the heart of the Cintrifuse value proposition. Our Fund network is a doorway into the future – a future of breakthrough technology, disruptive new business models, digital transformation, and promising solutions to extreme challenges like sustainability. We’re looking for talent eager to unlock the value of our connections and relationships for the benefit of our stakeholders.”
— Pete Blackshaw, CEO of Cintrifuse
Cintrifuse Fund Network Includes
Greycroft, Upfront Ventures, Maveron Ventures, Material Impact, 5AM Ventures, Refinery Ventures, Pelion Venture Partners, SV Life Sciences, Bullpen Capital, Allos Ventures, Rivercities Capital, Atlas Ventures, Techstars, Revolution Ventures, Atomic Ventures, Science VC, Sigma Prime Ventures, Boldstart, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Mercury; Crosscut and Madrona
Cintrifuse Limited Partners/Investors Include
Kroger, P&G, Western & Southern Life, EW Scripps, Duke Energy, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Bon Secours Mercy Health, University of Cincinnati, JM Smucker, Michelman, Cincinnati Bell, Great American Insurance Group, TQL, Miami University, Northern Kentucky University, AAA Club Alliance, Cincinnati Financial, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, Standard Textile and Greater Cincinnati Foundation