Cintrifuse is dedicated to making Greater Cincinnati the #1 Startup ecosystem in the Midwest. We’re here to connect and catalyze tech startups with our extensive network. We inspire ideas, empower founders, lure talent, and attract investors in ways that make our region a magnet for entrepreneurs and innovators worldwide. We enable the activation, development, and growth of Startups by strategically leveraging and connecting a network of partners, all committed to expanding innovation and entrepreneurship across the region. To better understand the Cintrifuse model, review our 2022 Impact Report as well as our October 2022 Annual Meeting video and written recap.
As part of the Cintrifuse organization and mission, we operate a “fund of funds” that provides exposure to a broad network of venture capital fund managers and thousands of startups, driving access to the best emerging technologies. Our strategy allows us to partner with top venture investors and generate strong financial returns.
About the Role
Cintrifuse is looking for a motivated, proactive and energetic individual to intern with us. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a committed and energetic group who are passionate about innovation, technology and entrepreneurship. It will not only be challenging and rewarding but will introduce you to the heart of Cincinnati’s entrepreneurial and startup ecosystem.
Some of the things you’ll do
You’ll be involved in executing accounting operations and bookkeeping for Cintrifuse and its subsidiaries. You will support the Finance team by posting invoices in Quickbooks, preparing account reconciliations, compiling expense data for grant invoicing, as well as general records keeping and archival of auditable receipts, invoices and other accounting documentation. You may also be involved in our year end external audit process.
We’re looking for someone who is
- Pursuing a BA/BS in accounting, finance, business administration or operations management
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience in Quickbooks/Quickbooks Online, a plus
- Comfortable with data including analysis (Excel), creating reports and combining different data to tell a story
- Operational discipline to deal in facts, dependable, detail-oriented, organized and a problem solver
- Exceptional verbal and written communication within a team and with partners
- Demonstrated application of time management and project management concepts/skills
- Coachable and open to constructive feedback to improve work product and process
- Ability to be a team player and operate in a high-functioning team environment
Open office dynamic, collaborative co-working space at Union Hall in Over The Rhine, casual dress, dog friendly with access to all Cintrifuse and Union Hall events. Position is 10-20 hours/week at Union Hall with flexibility to work virtually. Starting February 1, 2023. $17/hour. To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
Cintrifuse is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We encourage applicants from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups who could bring diverse perspectives to our mission.